Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Hobby

I had discover 2 new hobbies (thanks to Peter and Jono). When I got back, the boys kept on talking about DOTA. I was like what?? Dota? what the heck is that? We were talking about driving range one time over dinner and they kept on talking about it. I was really lost. On Friday when Peter, Jono and I went out, the boys decided to go play Dota. I went along with them because I was curious. Low and behold, I am fully addicted now. If you have no idea what Dota is...well..it is a game called Warcraft and Dota means Defense of the Ancients (I hope I got this right haha). I can't get enough of the game at all. I get really excited and I find it fun!

The second hobby that I am hooked on is, Maple. You can find out more information at www.maplesea.com MAN! this game keeps you going and going and going. Well, since that my plan to go to Hong Kong is not happening due to some reasons, I ended up sitting at home playing Maple almost the whole day. Wake up, Maple, before I go to bed, Maple. It is very addictive, trust me!

Besides games...I indulged myself with heaps of chillies lately. Not that I can't find chillies in Australia but it is just different.


ABOVE: It's my favorite food of all times (Can't find it anywhere but Malaysia and probably Singapore). It's called Pan Mee. Basically, it's a type of noodles (DUH). They make it on the spot. They got the dough prepared and stuff and you can choose whether you want thick, thin of slices. I usually like slices. It is serve in soup, anchovies, mince meat and mushrooms. The way I eat it...I would add half pack of that chilli sauce (above) in the soup / noodles, and then i'll eat them bit by bit with the rest of the chili. Trust me, if you can't take spice food, don't try this at home! hahaha. Usually I would prefer to eat it when I am in an airconditioned room because I will sweat big time! Oh...how I miss chili and my favorite dish.

Anyways...I haven't been doing much. I wanted to name this blog, Unsafe because every single thing that I do here, I have to be soooooo careful. For example, my parents forbid me from going out at midnight because many of the foreign workers do not have a job so they ended up stealing and robbing people. So they are afraid that I will get robbed or something, therefore they do not let me go out. *Sigh*. Then, my mom tells me that the water from the tap outside where she usually cooks is not clean and ask me to wash my plates inside instead. I wondered, what's the difference?? All the water is not clean (not like Australia, recycled) and you need to boil them before you drink them or whatsoever. Then I said I want to get a Toyota VIOS instead of a Proton (I am sick of proton) and my mom asked me not to buy an imported car because people will steal it. Grrr....people steal PROTONS TOO YA KNOW!!!!!!!

I am getting fed up. I mean, if we are so afraid of this, so afraid of that, then why stay here? Why live in fear? Buying a house is a need because we need shelter, but if we keep on thinking that there will be people breaking in, then why buy a house? Might as well stay in a hotel? Even a hotel is not safe. Why must we live in fear? Living in fear limits us. Instead we should believe in God that He is protecting us at all times and would not let anything happen to us. We should fear God not men or things that people will do to us. I feel so boxed in; in a lifestyle I just dislike at the moment. Living in fear is no fun at all.

Enough ranting for the day. Time to Maple...haha...or maybe sleep! Till then...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the Toyota VIOS are nice, ashley get a black one with dark tint... looks way better than the proton...

hahaha dota, you should have come out with the boys when we go net cafe back in Sydney...

MISS YOU ASHIE